Sweet Potato Dessert
|Sweet potatoes||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Semi skimmed milk||1 1⁄2 Pint (850 Milliliter)|
|Sugar||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
1. Peel the sweet potatoes. Using a sharp knife, cut them into slices.
2. Place the sweet potato slices in a large saucepan, cover with 600 ml / 1 pint of the milk and cook slowly until they are soft enough to be mashed.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and mash the sweet potatoes and milk well (preferably with a wooden masher) removing all the lumps.
4. Add the sugar and the remaining milk. Return to the heat and simmer gently until the mixture thickens. It should reach the consistency of a creamy soup.
5. Decorate the dessert with a few flaked almonds.