Moist Carrot Cake
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Self raising flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Large, grated|
|Chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|For cream cheese icing|
|Cream cheese||250 Gram|
|Icing sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1. Beat oil, sugar and eggs until well combined.
2. Add sifted flour, bicarbonate soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. Fold in carrots and walnuts
4. Pour into a 20 cm greased cake dish.
5. Place on a rack, cook for 10-12 minutes on medium high.
6. Allow to stand 5 minutes before turning out.
7. Cool before icing.
1. Beat cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add icing sugar and lemon juice and beat until smooth.