Whipped Sweet Potatoes With Marshmallow Crust
|Sweet potatoes/Yams||3 Pound|
|Low fat milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Minced fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Miniature marshmallows||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded orange peel||2 Tablespoon (Long Thin Shreds)|
1. Scrub sweet potatoes, pierce in several places with a sharp knife, and place in a shallow pan (9 by 13 in. or 10 by 15 in.).
2. Bake in a 400° oven until sweet potatoes give readily when gently squeezed, about 1 hour, depending on size. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
3. Cut sweet potatoes in half and scoop flesh into a large bowl; discard peels. With a potato masher or a mixer, mash or beat sweet potatoes with milk. Stir in ginger, lime juice, and 2 cups marsh-mallows. Spread evenly in a shallow 3-quart casserole.
4. Cover sweet potatoes evenly with remaining marshmallows.
5. Bake in a 400° oven until potatoes are hot in the center and marshmallow topping is richly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with orange peel.