Caraway Potato Cakes
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, dry mashed (cooked)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a bowl, place flour and rub in the butter until it resembles fine grainy texture.
3) Mix in mashed potatoes and milk and stir to make soft dough.
4) Lightly dust the working board with flour.
5) Place the dough over the board and knead well for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
6) Roll the dough in a circle approximately 1 inch thick.
7) Using a floured cookie cutter, cut dough into rounds.
8) Brush the flour with a little milk and dredge with caraway seeds.
9) Place the dough rounds on a baking sheet.
10) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
11) Serve hot with desired main dish.