Sweet Potato Layer
|Sweet potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and sliced (450 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Tomatoes||3 , sliced|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chicken stock cubes||2|
|Water||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Strong cheddar cheese||250 Milliliter, grated (1 Cup)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Lightly grease the bottom of a casserole dish.
3) In a small bowl, crumble stock cubes and mix with the water.
4) In the bottom of the casserole dish, place half the potatoes in single layer.
5) Arrange onions, tomatoes and basil in layer.
6) Top with the remaining potatoes.
7) Stream the stock mixture over the potato layer.
8) Make a layer with grated cheese to cover.
9) Bake in the oven for 1 hour until the potatoes are tender.
10) Serve hot sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.