Rice Stuffed Grape Leaves and Zucchini
|Grape leaves||1 Pound|
|Short grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1 Medium|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|All spice||To Taste|
|Sliced potatoes||4 Large (For Laying In The Bottom Of The Cooking Pot)|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
- Wash all your vegetables. Make the stuffing by adding the washed rice, diced tomatoes, onions and chopped parsley, season, add olive oil and mix well.
- Roll up your grape leaves with the stuffing and set aside.
- Hollow your zucchinis and stuff with the rice stuffing.
- Lay the sliced potatoes in the bottom of your pot, season and mix well with olive oil.
- Arrange your zucchinis and grape leaves inside the pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes on top, add salt and olive oil. Cover with a plate to prevent boiling over.
- when it boils, lower the heat and simmer on low for about two hours, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Half way through the cooking, add the lemon juice to it.
- When cooking is done, invert into a platter and arrange nicely.
- Make sure you plate the potatoes that are in the bottom, they are so succulent and full of lemon flavor. Plain delicious!!
- You may serve this dish hot or at room temperature with plain yogurt on the side or extra lemon juice.
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 90.9 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g55%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 325.5% Vitamin C 156.1%
Calcium 27.4% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet