Beet And Carrot Cake
|Oil||180 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Sugar||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Hot water||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|All purpose flour||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon (15 Milliliter)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped (500 Milliliter)|
|Beets||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (250 Milliliter)|
|Nuts||125 Milliliter, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
– Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– Butter an 8-inch (20-cm) round pan.
– In a bowl, combine oil, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract and water.
– In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients and fold them into first mixture.
– Add carrots, beets, and chopped nuts. Stir well.
– Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently add to batter.
– Pour batter into cake pan and bake about 50 minutes.
– Ice the cake with a vanilla icing, and decorate it with cherries and chocolate sprinkles.