|Boiling water/Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground beef/Pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1. Trim and pare vegetables. Cook in boiling water with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and sugar, if desired, until tender.
2. Scoop out centers of vegetables until a thick, hollow shell is left.
3. Fry ground beef with mushrooms and onion in a skillet until onion is golden. Add cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well. Remove from heat. Blend in egg.
4. Mash scooped-out portion of vegetables. Combine with meat mixture.
5. Fill vegetable shells with stuffing. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
6. Place stuffed vegetables in a shallow casserole or baking dish.
7. Bake at 400°F 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.