|Boiling water/Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground beef/Pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1. Trim and pare vegetables. Cook in boiling water with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and sugar, if desired, until tender.
2. Scoop out centers of vegetables until a thick, hollow shell is left.
3. Fry ground beef with mushrooms and onion in a skillet until onion is golden. Add cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well. Remove from heat. Blend in egg.
4. Mash scooped-out portion of vegetables. Combine with meat mixture.
5. Fill vegetable shells with stuffing. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
6. Place stuffed vegetables in a shallow casserole or baking dish.
7. Bake at 400°F 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 826 Calories from Fat 373
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.1%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 304.7 mg101.6%
Sodium 1605 mg66.9%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.2 g60.9%
Sugars 34.4 g
Protein 42 g84.2%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 261.2%
Calcium 49.1% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet