Stir Fried Abalone With Mixed Vegetables
|Dried black mushrooms||4|
|Canned abalone||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chinese cabbage stems||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Smoked ham slice||2|
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ginger root slice||2|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Drain canned abalone; cut in thin strips. (Reserve liquid for soup.) Also cut in strips Chinese cabbage stems, bamboo shoots, celery, onion, soaked mushrooms, smoked ham and snow peas.
3. Heat oil. Stir in salt, then Chinese cabbage, bamboo shoots, celery, onion and mushrooms. Stir-fry to heat through (about 1 minute).
4. Cover pan and let vegetables steam in their own liquids, over low heat, until cooked through (about 3 minutes). Then remove from pan.
5. Meanwhile combine soy sauce, sherry, sugar and pepper. Mince garlic and ginger root.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add minced garlic and ginger root; stir-fry a few times. Add abalone and stir-fry 1/2 minute.
7. Stir in soy-sherry mixture and heat. Then add snow peas. Return vegetables and gently stir-fry to reheat (about 1 1/2 minutes more). Garnish with ham strips and serve.