Stir Fried Scallops With Mixed Vegetables
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut scallops as in Stir-fried Scallops and Onion.
2. Cut bamboo shoots first in 1/4-inch slices, then in 1/2 inch sections. Slice celery in 1/4-inch sections. Slice dried onions. Stem snow peas.
3. Blend cornstarch, soy sauce and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then scallops, and stir-fry to coat with oil (about 1/2 minute). Add vegetables and stir-fry about 2 minutes more.
5. Add stock and sugar and heat quickly. Then cook, stirring, over medium heat, until vegetables are done (2 to 3 minutes).
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.