Braised Curried Pork With Sweet Potatoes
|Sweet potatoes||2 Large|
|Fresh ginger slices||2|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut in 1/2 inch slices. Cut pork in 1/2 inch cubes. Slice onion thin. Mince ginger root.
2. Heat oil and deep-fry sweet potatoes until light golden. Drain on paper toweling.
3. Heat remaining oil. Add ginger and onion and stir-fry a few times. Add pork and brown lightly on all sides.
4. Stir in soy sauce, salt and pepper. Then add stock and curry powder and bring to a boil, stirring.
5. Add deep-fried potatoes and simmer, covered, until pork is done (30 to 40 minutes).