Braised Curried Pork With Sweet Potatoes
|Sweet potatoes||2 Large|
|Fresh ginger slices||2|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut in 1/2 inch slices. Cut pork in 1/2 inch cubes. Slice onion thin. Mince ginger root.
2. Heat oil and deep-fry sweet potatoes until light golden. Drain on paper toweling.
3. Heat remaining oil. Add ginger and onion and stir-fry a few times. Add pork and brown lightly on all sides.
4. Stir in soy sauce, salt and pepper. Then add stock and curry powder and bring to a boil, stirring.
5. Add deep-fried potatoes and simmer, covered, until pork is done (30 to 40 minutes).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1781 Calories from Fat 890
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g154.7%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 301.7 mg100.6%
Sodium 2605.3 mg108.6%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 23.2 g92.9%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 116 g232.1%
Vitamin A 857.4% Vitamin C 42.5%
Calcium 31.7% Iron 92.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet