Beef Stuffing For Cabbage Leaves
|Green cabbage head||1 Large|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely minced|
|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely minced parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Prepare the cabbage for stuffing Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. In a skillet heat the butter and oil, add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is transparent. Remove to a platter. Add the meat to the skillet and cook until lightly browned. Return onion and garlic to skillet.
3. Add the rice, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well and fill the cabbage leaves with the mixture.
4. Arrange the stuffed leaves in a casserole and add the combined bouillon and tomato sauce and, if desired, the bay leaf. Cover and bake one hour, adding more liquid if necessary.
5. Transfer the cabbage to a warm serving platter, garnish each serving with a lemon slice and sprinkle with additional parsley. Surround with the sauce remaining in the casserole, discarding the bay leaf if used.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2337 Calories from Fat 1185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g202.4%
Saturated Fat 51.4 g257%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 368.4 mg122.8%
Sodium 2768.7 mg115.4%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.7%
Dietary Fiber 33.1 g132.5%
Sugars 45.2 g
Protein 103 g205.5%
Vitamin A 134.1% Vitamin C 757.6%
Calcium 54.1% Iron 110.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet