Veal With Olives
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Veal noisettes||20 Ounce, trimmed of fat (4 Noisettes, About 150 G Each)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Lemon peel strip||1 Medium|
|White wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Green olives||2 Ounce, pitted (50 Grams)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Unsweetened yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Green olives||8 Large (For Garnishing)|
|Thyme sprigs||5 (For Garnishing)|
1. Heat the olive oil and gently fry the noisettes until lightly golden.
2. Add the onion, bay leaf, lemon peel, white wine, pitted green olives and thyme with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until tender. Remove and keep warm.
4. Blend the cooking liquid, minus the bay leaf, with the yogurt and egg yolk. Heat the sauce through very gently without boiling.
5. Spoon the hot sauce over the veal and garnish with the olives and sprigs of thyme. Serve with new
potatoes and carrots.