Let's cook with Sonia the cold veal with tuna sauce, a classic fresh Italian recipe, that you can serve as an appetizer or main dish.
6 Clove (30 gm)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Extra virgin olive oil
Dry white wine
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Tuna in oil
3 1⁄2 Ounce, drained
Capers in vinegar
1. Place the meat in a tall and narrow pot along with the onion, celery, carrot, bay leaves, garlic, rosemary, pepper, cloves and the salt.
2. Add the wine, water enough to cover the top, bring it to a boil and then let it simmer on a very low flame for about 90 minutes.
3. Once the meat is done let it cool down and then strain the cooking sauce using the strainer.
4. In a bowl, process the tuna, eggs which was previously hard boiled and minced, half of the capers and the minced anchovies, blend everything using a hand blender and also keep adding cooking sauce and oil, blend until you get a creamy and thick sauce.
5. Cut the meat into thin slices, about one tenth of an inch wide, then spread a spoonful of the sauce and garnish with some capers.
6. Serve the Cold Veal with Tuna Sauce along with some bread.
We'll be making together a tasty and very fresh meat-based appetizer: the cold veal with tuna sauce, an original Italian recipe which is now consumed also as a main course, served in more generous portions.