Roast Loin of Veal
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Celery rib||1 , diced|
|Veal loin with kidney||5 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Softened butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Condensed beef consomme||1 Can (10 oz), undiluted|
|Buttered green peas||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Buttered mushrooms||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven for roasting.
2) In a frying pan, heat the salad oil.
3) Once the oil heats up, toss in the onion, carrot and celery. Saute for about 10 minutes while stirring constantly over a low flame.
4) Transfer the sauted veggies onto the roasting pan.
5) Place the fat part of the veal directly over the veggies.
6) In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, thyme, paprika and soft butter. Spread the mixture over the meat.
7) Roast the veggies and the veal till the meat thermometer reads a temperature of 170F. This should take about 20 minutes for cooking each pound. Transfer the meat onto the serving platter.
8) Pour in the consomme into the pan drippings. Boil the mixture for about 2 minutes.
9) Strain the mixture to get a smooth puree of the herbed vegetables.
10) Serve the Roast Loin of Veal garnished with the pureed vegetables.
Serve buttered green peas and mushrooms on the side.
Calories 769 Calories from Fat 429
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.7%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 320.1 mg106.7%
Sodium 1222.6 mg50.9%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 74 g148.7%
Vitamin A 48.7% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet