Roasted Stuffed Cushion Shoulder Of Veal
|Salad oil/Melted bacon fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soft bread cubes||3 Cup (48 tbs) (fresh)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Green onions||3 , chopped|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Shoulder of veal||4 Pound, boned or cushion shaped|
1) Preheat the oven for roasting.
2) In a bowl, mix together the salad oil or melted bacon fat, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Keep aside.
3) In another bowl, add in the bread cubes, parsley, lemon rind, lemon juice, green onions and butter. Sprinkle salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
4) Place the veal on the roasting pan. Stuff the veal shoulder with the bread cubes stuffing. Drizzle the salad oil mixture over the meat.
5) In case you are using the cushion veal, first drizzle it over with the salad oil mix. Then add the parsley stuffing over the veal, patting it over firmly.
6) Roast the veal till the thermometer reads a temperature of 175F. This should take about 25 minutes per pound.
7) Serve the Roasted Stuffed Cushion Shoulder Of Veal with green salad on the side.