Escalopes of Veal
|Breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (Soft or Crisp)|
1) Place the veal fillets between plastic sheets. Beat using the rolling pin to flatten evenly.
2) Dip the fillets in seasoned flour. Then dredge them in beaten egg. Finally, coat them with breadcrumbs on both sides.
3) In a pan, heat oil, fat or butter. Add in the coated veal fillets and cook till golden brown on both sides.
4) To serve, arrange the veal fillets on a serving plate. Garnish with lemon wedges, sliced hard-boiled egg, capers or parsley.
5) You may also serve green salad on the side.
Calories 622 Calories from Fat 385
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.7%
Saturated Fat 17 g85.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.3 mg67.4%
Sodium 278.2 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.37 g1.5%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 47 g94.5%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.1% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet