Fricassee Of Veal
|Veal shank||1 Pound|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Veal||2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Grated nutmeg||2 Pinch|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Veal stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Paprika/Minced parsley||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F. (If using oven for preparation).
2. Take a heavy saucepan, soften 2 tbsp of butter and saute veal cubes, and cook until it gets browned on all sides. Cook on medium heat.
3. Spoon salt and pepper along with onion and nutmeg.
4. Top it with milk and cover the dish tightly.
5. Simmer the mixture over low heat on stove top or cook in oven for about 2 hours at 250°F oven.
6. Pour the measured veal stock and continue cooking. Only 2 cups of veal stock should be added and if more is added then reduce the mixture to 2 cups.
7. Take another saucepan and soften the butter, stir in flour and blend together over low heat until the flour gets cooked. Don-€™t brown the roux.
8. Strain the milk from veal and add it to the cooked roux and blend it using a whisk.
9. Stir in stock and whisk it over the medium heat until the mixture is turned into a smooth velvety sauce. Mushrooms can also be added with the stock, so it gets cooked within the sauce. Or stir in drained and canned mushrooms at the last minute.
10. Season the sauce according to taste preferences.
11. Spoon the sauce over veal, sprinkle minced parsley or paprika over it before serving.