Escalopes De Veau Flambe Flamed Veal Escalopes
|Veal escalopes||2 , each cut in half|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Calvados/Brandy||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dessert apples||2 , crisp, core, quarter and slice thickly|
|Dry white wine||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Double cream||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
1) Put the escalopes between 2 sheets greaseproof paper.
2) Flatten the meat thinly by beating with a rolling pin or mallet.
3) In a non-stick pan, melt the butter with the oil and saute the meat for 5-7 minutes until the meat is tender, turning once.
4) In a ladle, warm the Calvados or brandy.
5) Take the pan of meat away from the heat.
6) Ignite the Calvados or brandy and stream over the meat while still flaming.
7) Allow the flames to die down, remove the meat from the pan with a fish slice.
8) Arrange the meat on a warmed serving plate, wrap with foil and keep hot in a low oven.
9) In a same pan, stir in white wine and heat to scrape up the sediment with the pan juices.
10) Place the apple slices and toss over high heat for about 5 minutes until tender and lightly coloured.
11) Using a perforated ladle, remove the apple slices from the pan juices and place with the veal.
12) Whisk the cream into the pan juices and heat through.
13) Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
14) Stream the sauce over the veal and apples and serve immediately.
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 265.2 mg88.4%
Sodium 277.8 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 53 g106.8%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet