Microwave Savory Veal Casserole
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Stewing veal||1 Pound, cut in small pieces|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Canned tomatoes with juice||14 Ounce|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock/Bouillon||1⁄4 Pint|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Quartered mushrooms||4 Ounce|
1) In a frying pan, heat oil. Add in the pieces of veal and cook till they brown on all sides.
2) Add in the onions, tomato puree, beef stock, bay leag, ground ginger, salt and pepper.
3) Let the mixture come to a boil.
4) Transfer the mixture into a deep, microwavable dish. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
5) Next, add in the quartered mushrooms.
6) Make a smooth paste by mixing 2 tablespoons of flour with a little cold water.
7) Add this paste into the veal mixture. Stir well to mix.
8) Cover and cook for about 5 more minutes.
9) Allow the dish to rest for 15 minutes before it is ready to serve.
10) Serve the Savoury Veal Casserole garnished with chopped parsley. Serve plain rice on the side.
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90 mg30%
Sodium 449.2 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 25 g49.3%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 23.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet