Veal A La Francaise
|Veal rump||5 Pound, boned and rolled|
|Dry white wine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon pepper marinade||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), slivered|
|Meat juices||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Add Wine If Necessary)|
|Mushrooms||2 Pound, washed and sliced|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. In a large roasting pan place the meat.
3. In a bowl blend seasonings into wine and pour around meat.
4. Cover loosely with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
5. Baste every 15 minutes and recover with foil.
6. In a pan heat butter, saute mushrooms, drain and set aside.
7. Skim fat from meat liquid.
8. In a cup blend flour with water, add meat juices, place in a saucepan and cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
9. Stir in mushrooms, pour sauce over veal in a roasting pan, return to oven and cook for30 minutes longer.
10. When meat is cooked, remove from oven, slice thinly and serve with sauce.
Calories 504 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 236.9 mg79%
Sodium 564.5 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 65 g129.5%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet