Veal A La Francaise
|Veal rump||5 Pound, boned and rolled|
|Dry white wine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon pepper marinade||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), slivered|
|Meat juices||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Add Wine If Necessary)|
|Mushrooms||2 Pound, washed and sliced|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. In a large roasting pan place the meat.
3. In a bowl blend seasonings into wine and pour around meat.
4. Cover loosely with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
5. Baste every 15 minutes and recover with foil.
6. In a pan heat butter, saute mushrooms, drain and set aside.
7. Skim fat from meat liquid.
8. In a cup blend flour with water, add meat juices, place in a saucepan and cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
9. Stir in mushrooms, pour sauce over veal in a roasting pan, return to oven and cook for30 minutes longer.
10. When meat is cooked, remove from oven, slice thinly and serve with sauce.