Best Veal Scaloppini
|Veal||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into scallops 1/4 inch thick|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chablis/Other dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Porcini mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper over veal.
3. Melt butter in a skillet and add veal in it.
4. Fry it until the veal becomes brown.
5. Heat brandy, pour it over veal and ignite.
6. When fire goes out, remove veal from skillet and keep warm.
7. In skillet pour Chicken Stock, Chablis, and sherry.
8. Place it on simmer heat and allow it to boil, until liquid reduces by half.
9. Return veal to skillet.
10. Cooke it again for 10 minutes at simmer heat.
11. Keep the veal warm until serving.
12. In a pan melt 2 tablespoons butter and saute mushrooms until brown.
13. Add tomatoes and garlic powder.
14. Cook it for 5 minutes at low heat.
15. In a baking dish, place the mushroom mixture.
16. Place veal over the mixture and cover with wine sauce.
17. Sprinkle with grated Swiss and Parmesan cheeses over it.
18. Place it in the broiler, and broil until cheese is brown and bubbly.
19. Serve -€˜veal scaloppini at its best-€™ immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2953 Calories from Fat 1461
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g254%
Saturated Fat 90 g449.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 825.6 mg275.2%
Sodium 1838.7 mg76.6%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 19.6 g78.6%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 229 g458.9%
Vitamin A 99.2% Vitamin C 119.2%
Calcium 167% Iron 91.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet