Veal Chops Provencale
|Veal chops||4 (loin or rib)|
|Bacon drippings||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Basil leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1) In a pan, brown chops in bacon drippings or vegetable oil.
2) Place in an 8-cup shallow baking dish.
3) In the same pan, saute onion till just soft.
4) Stir in the soup and basil and heat while stirring constantly. Scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen cooked-on juices. When heated to boiling point, pour over chops.
5) Place in moderate oven at 350° for 30 minutes, uncovered.
6) Bake for another 15 minutes till the chops are tender.
7) Arrange chops on a serving plate.
8) Garnish with chopped basil and serve.