|Veal rump roast||1 Pound (4 slices, half-inch-thick)|
|Provolone cheese slices||4 (from a 6-ounce package)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely crushed soda crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (about 20 crackers)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 stick)|
1) Cut the veal slices in half.
2) Pound till paper-thin till each piece is about 4 inches square.
3) Put each 2 together with 1 slice of cheese in between, like a sandwich.
4) In a pie plate, add the egg and milk and beat.
5) In a second plate, add cracker crumbs.
6) Dip the veal sandwiches first into the egg mixture and then into the crumbs and coat evenly on both sides.
7) In a pan, heat butter or margarine and slowly saute the veal for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or till the veal is done and golden-brown.
8) Serve with a side of steamed vegetables and potato mash.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1559 Calories from Fat 795
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.4%
Saturated Fat 48.3 g241.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 738.6 mg246.2%
Sodium 1418.8 mg59.1%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 123 g246.1%
Vitamin A 45.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 55.1% Iron 54.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet