Broiled Veal Vegetable Platter
|Veal cutlet||2 Pound, cut 1/2-inch thick|
|Blue cheese salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Bottled)|
|Bermuda onion||1 , peeled and cut in 6 slices|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted (1/2 stick)|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, halved|
|Canned whole mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Lemon||1 , cut in 6 wedges|
1) Place the veal on a broiler rack and brush the top thickly with half of blue-cheese salad dressing.
2) Arrange onion slices with the veal and brush with part of the melted butter or margarine. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3) Broil for 7 to 8 minutes keeping it 4 to 6 inches away from the heat.
4) Turn the veal and onion slices and brush the veal with the remaining blue-cheese dressing.
5) Place the tomato halves, bacon slices and mushrooms alongside the veal and onion on the rack.
6) Brush the tomato halves, onion slices and mushrooms with the remaining butter or margarine and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7) Continue to broil, turning the bacon once, cooking 7 to 8 minutes longer, or till the veal is richly golden and the bacon is crisp and the tomatoes and mushrooms are heated through.
8) Arrange the meats and vegetables on a heated serving platter.
9) Diagonally cut the meat into slices of 1/2-inch-thickness.
10) Serve with lemon wedges.