Veal With Artichokes
|Veal shoulder steak||12 Ounce|
|Baby artichokes/3/4 cup canned||7 Ounce, marinated, drained and sliced (4 Pieces)|
|Minced fresh thyme/1/2 teaspoon dried||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, halved lengthwise and sliced|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Shredded parmesan cheese||1 Ounce|
1) Wash the veal and place on paper towels.
2) From the artichokes, trim the outer leaves, stems, and tips.
3) Chop in half and take off chokes from the bigger ones.
4) Quarter each half and keep aside.
5) In a pan, heat oil and butter till frothy.
6) Add in the veal and thyme and cook till golden.
7) Turn the meat, and mix in the onion and stir well to coat.
8) Lower heat and mix in the artichokes and sherry.
9) Place lid and cook till artichokes are tender.
10) Take off lid and cook on high till the sauce reduces by half.
11) Top with cheese, place lid and lightly melt cheese.