Veal With Leeks, Bacon, And Tomatoes
|Bacon strip||4 , cut into small strips|
|Leek||2 , trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 , cut into chunks, reserve juice|
|Basil leaves||4 , minced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) Wash the veal and place on paper towels.
2) Chop the veal into 1-inch pieces.
3) In a pan, add bacon and cook till crisp and place on a paper towel.
4) Discard all but 2 teaspoons of the pan drippings.
5) Add in the veal chunks and stir well.
6) Brown well turning frequently.
7) Stir in the leeks and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
8) Add in the tomatoes with their juice, basil, and lots of freshly ground black pepper and heat till boiling.
9) Add in cream and heat well and serve.