Veal with Leeks, Bacon, and Tomatoes
|Bacon strip||4 , cut into small strips|
|Leek||2 , trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 , cut into chunks, reserve juice|
|Basil leaves||4 , minced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) Wash the veal and place on paper towels.
2) Chop the veal into 1-inch pieces.
3) In a pan, add bacon and cook till crisp and place on a paper towel.
4) Discard all but 2 teaspoons of the pan drippings.
5) Add in the veal chunks and stir well.
6) Brown well turning frequently.
7) Stir in the leeks and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
8) Add in the tomatoes with their juice, basil, and lots of freshly ground black pepper and heat till boiling.
9) Add in cream and heat well and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1068 Calories from Fat 497
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.8%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 322.9 mg107.6%
Sodium 904.2 mg37.7%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 76 g152.3%
Vitamin A 174.1% Vitamin C 125.9%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 48%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet