|Veal rump/Rump/chump end /top side||1 Pound, cubed|
|Tomato||1 , peeled and cut into quarters|
|Mixed herbs||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Smoked bacon||2 Ounce, sliced|
|Canned mushrooms||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz), sliced (1 small tin)|
|Peppercorns||3 (A few)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|White wine||4 Ounce (1 glass)|
1) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
2) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3) In a large dish, place the cubed meat.
4) With salt, pepper and lemon juice, season the meat.
5) In the bottom of the soaked Romertopf, place thin slices of bacon to cover.
6) On top of these, place the meat.
7) To this, add the onion, tomato, cloves and peppercorns.
8) In the hot oven, cook for an hour.
9) Then, add the wine and mushrooms and cook for 1 hour more.
10) Then, add flour to thicken the gravy.
11) Finally, stir in the cream.
12) Serve the Veal Fricandeau with rice and peas, cauliflower or asparagus. You can also serve this with chestnuts, for special occasions.