Liver Veal Loaf
|Beef liver||1⁄2 Pound|
|Boiling water||1 Pint|
|Onion||1 Medium, lightly saut�ed in chicken fat or oil|
|Chicken fat/Oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon (For Saut�ing Onion)|
|Boneless veal/You hamburger-heart-lung mixture||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or More)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
1) In a bowl, add liver and pour boiling water over it. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2) Drain out the liver from water. Chop coarsely.
3) In a grinder add liver and onion. Grind using a medium blade.
4) Mix it with the ground veal.
5) Add tomato sauce, seasonings, eggs and wheat germ. Combine together.
6) Transfer into mixture into an oiled loaf pan.
7) Bake in a moderate oven for 1 1/2 hours.
8) Serve hot or cold.