Ragout Of Veal Bourguignon
|Veal shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onions||3⁄4 Pound|
|Sliced mushrooms||3⁄4 Pound|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Pint|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
3) Season the meat with salt and pepper.
4) In a frying pan, heat the butter.
5) In the hot butter, brown the meat.
6) To the soaked Romertopf, transfer the meat along with the onions and mushrooms.
7) Over this, add the wine and stock.
8) In the oven, cook covered for two hours.
9) Add flour to thicken the liquid.
10) Then, stir in the butter.
11) Finally, warm the cream and add to the thick gravy.
12) Serve the Ragout of Veal Bourguignon along with boiled noodles.