|Thinly sliced veal cutlet||1 Pound|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed tomato rice soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oregano leaf||1⁄8 Teaspoon (If Desired)|
1) Pound the veal cutlets with a meat hammer and cut into 4 large or 8 small pieces.
2) In a bowl, combine the rice, butter, and parsley together, mix thoroughly.
3) Spoon the mixture on each veal piece, then roll and secure with toothpicks or skewers.
4) In a skillet, brown the veal birds and onion in shortening, drain off the excess skillet drippings.
5) In a bowl, mix rest of the ingredients and pour over the veal rolls.
6) Cover and cook over a low heat for 45 minutes, occasionally spooning the sauce over the veal rolls.
7) Stir a little water into the sauce for a desired consistency before serving.
8) Serve the Veal Birds, immediately on a serving platter.
Calories 591 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60%
Saturated Fat 13 g64.8%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 48.1 mg16%
Sodium 820 mg34.2%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 17 g33.1%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet