Braised Stuffed Breast Of Veal
|Breast of veal||2 1⁄4 Pound, boned (1 no.)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Sausage meat||1⁄2 Pound|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Chicken broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as required)|
1) On a cutting board, spread the veal flat so that it measures about 8"X15". Sprinkle salt, pepper, parsley and basil over the meat, rubbing it over well.
2) In a small bowl, add sausage meat and grated carrots. Mix and spread over the veal. Press the mixture down into the skin of the meat. Roll the veal up and tie crosswise with a strong string at intervals of 1 1/2-inches.
3) In a Dutch Oven, melt butter or margarine. Brown the veal. Add the celery and onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add in the chicken broth, cover and cook on simmer for about 2 hours. When the meat has turned tender, remove it onto the carving board.
4) Strain the juices in the pan into a 2-cup measurer. Add in water if needed. Make sure to press down the vegetables into the sieve to gather as much juice as possible.
5) Pour the strained juice back into the Dutch oven.
6) In a 1 -cup measurer, add flour and 6 tablespoons of water. Make a smooth mixture and pour into the Dutch oven. Stir constantly for 3 minutes till the sauce thickens.
7) Remove the strings from the veal and slice it.
8) Arrange the veal slices on the serving platter. Serve the vegetable sauce alongside.