Provencale Veal Kidneys
|Veal kidneys||1 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dry white vermouth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Dash|
1) Using a damp cloth, wipe the mushrooms, trim the stems and slice lengthwise through cap and stem.
2) Wash the kidneys in cold water, cut in half and remove white center part.
3) Using sharp knife, slice the kidney thinly 1/4 inch thick.
4) Over the waxed paper, mix together flour, salt, and pepper; mix well.
5) Toss the sliced kidneys in flour mixture, coating well.
6) In a non-stick pan, heat butter and oil, and sauté kidneys, turning kidneys for about 10 minutes, or until nicely browned on both sides.
7) Mix in shallot and 2 tablespoons parsley and simmer for 5 minutes more.
8) Stir in the mushrooms and ¼ of vermouth; cook for 5 minutes more.
9) Pour in the rest of vermouth.
10) Put the lid on and simmer for 15 more minutes, or until kidneys are tender.
11) To serve, sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley.
12) Serve Veal Kidneys Provencale hot with rice or toast points, if desired.