|Unsalted butter/Corn oil margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Veal cutlets||1 1⁄2 Pound (6 Small Sized)|
|Crab legs||1⁄4 Pound, cooked|
1) From each asparagus, break the tough end off. You can do this by holding it in both hands and bending the tough end gently until it breaks.
2) Over rapidly boiling water, steam the asparagus for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they turn crisp tender.
3) Remove from heat.
4) Quickly place under cold running water. This helps in stopping the cooking and preserving the color. Now, drain well and keep aside.
5) In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
6) With white pepper, lightly sprinkle each veal cutlet.
6) Now, to the skillet, add the veal cutlets and over medium heat, brown them.
7) Continue to cook until the cutlets turn fork tender.
8) Now, remove them from the skillet and transfer to a cookie sheet.
9) On each of the cutlets, place a small amount of crab legs evenly. Note that this recipe uses less crab that what is usually found in a classic Veal Oscar, because crab has a high sodium content. However, the rest of the recipe follows the classic method.
10) On top of each serving, place 3 asparagus tips.
11) Over them, pour 2 tablespoons of the Sauce Bearnaise sans sel.
12) Under the broiler, place this until the sauce is lightly brown.
13) This is an ideal recipe for a warm weather. Serve fresh for best results.
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.6 mg34.2%
Sodium 253.1 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 27 g53.9%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet