Stuffed Veal En Gelee
|Spinach/Frozen spinach- 1 package 10 oz||3⁄4 Pound, washed (Stems Removed)|
|Ground veal||1 Pound (Wiped With Damp Cloth And Fat Trimmed Off)|
|Savory||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Chopped Or Dried)|
|Madeira wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Veal breast||5 Pound (Boned)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Rosemary/Dried rosemary leaves- 1 teaspoon||3 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned chicken consomme||12 Ounce|
|Madeira wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Cooked salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, place the spinach leaves with water just covering them.
2) Put the lid and cook, over medium heat and turning once with a fork, 5 minutes, or until spinach is tender.
3) Drain the spinach and set aside.
4) In large bowl, mix together ground veal, flour, savory, 1-teaspoon salt, and 1/8 tea- spoon pepper; with a fork, mix well.
5) Stir in egg and Madeira, in the veal mixture.
6) Mix in milk, 2 table- spoons at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is smooth, set aside.
7) Preheat oven to 375F.
8) On a clean board, smear the meat flat, skin side down,.
9) Dredge the meat with lemon juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
10) Place carrot in an even layer over meat, 1 inch from edges.
11) Cover with an even layer of stuffing.
12) Spread spinach in an even layer over the stuffing.
13) Beginning with the shortest side, roll up jelly-roll style.
14) Secure with skewers and tie with string at 1-1/2- inch intervals.
15) In a shallow roasting pan, place the meat roll seam side down,
16) Using brush apply salad oil over the surface.
17) Place in the oven add roast, uncovered, 1 hour.
18) Stream the white wine over the roast.
19) Return to the oven and roast, basting several times, for 1-1/2 hours more, or until meat is tender when tested with a fork.
20) Place the roast to platter and allow to cool.
21) Cover well in a plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
22) In small saucepan, place gelatine with 3/4 cup consommé, to soften.
23) Heat, over low heat and stirring constantly, until gelatine is dissolved.
24) In a medium bowl, transfer the gelatine mixture and stir in remaining consommé.
25) Pour 2 cups of consommé mixture to ll-by-7- by-2-inch pan.
26) Mix the Madeira wine in the gelatine mixture.
27) Place the pan in refrigerator.
28) In another bowl, place the mayonnaise with remaining consommé mixture and beat until smooth.
29) In a larger bowl with ice and water, place the bowl with mayonnaise mixture and chill, stirring occasionally, until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
30) Take of the skewers and string from cold veal roll.
31) On a wire rack over a pan or small tray, place the roll
32) Stream or spoon the thickened mayonnaise glaze over roll.
33) Place the roll in refrigerator, on the rack, for 10 to 15 minutes.
34) Scrape the glaze from pan heat to melt, and chill again.
35) Take the roll out of refrigerator and spoon the mayonnaise mixture over the roll.
36) Repeat, if needed, to coat the roll completely and evenly.
37) To garnish, press the thin slices cooked carrot and sprigs of dill into last coat of glaze.
38) Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until glaze is firm.
39) Place the roast on serving platter and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
40) Cut jellied Madeira consommé into 1/2-inch cubes.
41) Place the consommé cubes around the roast and serve.