|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Veal cutlets||10 Ounce|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Madeira wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Medium-Sweet)|
|Shallots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Wild mushrooms/Regular mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (Porcini, Oyster)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, blanched, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Artichoke hearts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed if frozen|
|Canned beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ready-To-Serve)|
1) On a wax paper sheet or a paper plate, mix the flour, salt, and pepper together.
2) Dredge the veal in seasoned flour, coat evenly and reserve rest of the flour mixture.
3) In a 12-inch skillet, cook the veal in 2 teaspoons margarine until until evenly brown, remove and keep aside.
4) In the same skillet, stir in the wine, bring to a boil and cook over a high heat for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally until the alcohol is evaporated, then pour over the veal.
5) In the skillet, wipe and add rest of the margarine and heat until hot and bubbly.
6) Stir in the shallots and garlic, saute for 1 minute.
7) Stir in the mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes, until the mushrooms release liquid,.
8) Sprinkle the reserved seasoned flour over vegetables and stir to mix.
9) Stir in the tomato, artichokes and broth, bring to a boil then cook on a low heat for about 3 minutes, until the mixture is slightly thickened.
10) Return the veal and wine into the skillet and simmer for about 2 minutes until the veal is thoroughly heated.
11) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.3 mg18.8%
Sodium 204.5 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 21 g41%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet