Stewed Veal With Mushrooms
|Veal fillet/Stewing veal||1 Pound (12 Ounce)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce, trimmed|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce, trimmed, sliced|
|Paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Condensed mushroom soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Canned dry cider||5 Ounce (Half Soup Can)|
|Dry cider||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Cornflour||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Trim off the excess fat from the veal and slice the meat into small pieces. Fry the meat in butter, but do not brown.
2. Take a saucepan and rub a garlic clove inside the saucepan to flavor. Place the meat in the saucepan.
3. Add mushrooms in hot butter and fry gently. Sprinkle the mushrooms on the veal.
4. Add paprika, mushroom soup, dry cider and seasoning. Bring it to boil, cover the lid and simmer gently for 1 ¼ to 1 1/2 hours.
5. Mix the corn flour with water and prepare thin paste. Add into gravy and re-boil to make the mixture more thick.
6. Season well and sprinkle chopped parsley on the top.
7. Serve with parsley potatoes, croquette and green peas.
Calories 887 Calories from Fat 520
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.5%
Saturated Fat 25.4 g127.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.2 mg60.1%
Sodium 1278.1 mg53.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 50 g99.8%
Vitamin A 42.3% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet