Veal and Ham Ring
|Ground veal shoulder||1 Pound|
|Ground cooked ham||1 Pound|
|Grated american cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped for 1/4 cup|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gravy coloring||1 Teaspoon (Bottled)|
|Canned sweet potatoes||18 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Mix together veal, ham, cheese, onion, bread crumbs, salt, curry powder, and milk with a fork.
3) Into an 8-inch ring mold, pour the mixture and unmold onto a shallow pan, taking off the mold.
4) In a cup, mix together honey and gravy coloring and apply the mixture over meat.
5) Bake for about 20 minutes in preheated oven, basting meat with remaining honey mixture.
6) Add in sweet potatoes and again bake for 20 minutes more, basting with pan juices, until meat and potatoes are glazed.
7) Transfer the dish to a heated platter and cover the ring center with chopped parsley or cooked cauliflower sprinkled with buttered bread crumbs.
8) Serve hot.
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201 mg67%
Sodium 564.4 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 60 g119.2%
Vitamin A 224.5% Vitamin C 19%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet