Stuffed Breast Of Veal
|Veal breast||4 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sausage meat||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, finely chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, chopped and sauteed in butter|
|Bay leaves||2 , crumbled|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Pat the veal dry placing it between double layers of paper toweling or a kitchen towel..
2. Season the meat well on both sides, with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat the oven to 325 °F
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients for the stuffing and mix thoroughly.
5. Spoon the stuffing mixture down the center of the veal breast.
6. Roll tightly and neatly and seal using a kitchen needle and butchers thread.
7. Coat the veal roll evenly and lightly with flour.
8. Place the roll in a lightly greased roasting pan
9. Baste with the butter and drizzle with olive oil
10. Roast in preheated oven for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until tender, spooning the pan juices over the roll and turning it frequently.
11. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
12. Cut off the thread and place on a serving platter.
13. Slice veal thinly, at a slant and serve along with pilaf and a salad of your choice.
Calories 660 Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g93%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 216 mg72%
Sodium 423.9 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 46 g92.6%
Vitamin A 61.5% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet