Roast Veal Florentine
|Spinach||10 Ounce, chopped (Frozen, Cooked And Drained)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Veal leg||6 Pound, rolled (Not Rolled And Tied, Wiped With Damp Cloth)|
1) In a large skillet, heat butter and sauté' onion and garlic until onion is tender for about 5 minutes.
2) Take the pan away from heat.
3) Stir in spinach, breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan, salt, oregano, and pepper and mix stir well combined.
4) Preheat oven to 325F.
5) On a clean board, place the veal skin side down.
6) If needed, using mallet pound the veal to about 1-inch thickness.
7) Arrange the stuffing lengthwise down center of veal.
8) Get the long sides of meat over stuffing, and overlap.
9) Secure with the help of skewers, and lace with twine.
10) In a shallow roasting pan, place the laced side up.
11) Place the bacon over top of the veal.
12) Pierce the meat thermometer in the thickest part of veal; do not rest it in stuffing.
13) Place in the oven and roast, uncovered, for about 2-1/2 hours, or until thermometer registers 170F.
14) Take the skewers and twine out of the roast.
15) Slice the meat crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
16) Arrange the slices on a serving platter and serve hot.
Calories 599 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 282.6 mg94.2%
Sodium 840.6 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 77 g154.3%
Vitamin A 73.7% Vitamin C 23.8%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 31.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet