Simple Veal Ragout
|Veal breast||3 Pound|
|Rosemary leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Parsley sprigs||3 , crumbled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Small white onions||1 Pound, peeled|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White bread slice||1 , toasted and cut in small cubes|
1. Buy the breast of the veal, sliced into two long pieces. Further slices the veal into 2 ribs each.
2. In a kettle mix the meat with salt, peppercorns, cloves, rosemary, parsely, garlic and water. Boil over moderate heat.
3. Cover and reduce the heat to simmer for 2 hours until meat becomes soft.
4. Place onions on top of the meat and cover again allowing the mixture to simmer for 1 hour.
5. The meat should separate easily from the bone.
6. In a shallow serving bowl, remove meat and onions with a slotted spoon and place in the bowl.
7. Remove 1 1/3 rd cup liquid from the kettle and reserve remaining for later use.
8. Return the 1 1/3rd cup to the kettle, add the mushroom soup and bring to boil. Reserve as sauce.
9. Scoop veal to a serving dish. Garnish with toasted cubes, parsley, onions and paprika.
10. Serve meat with the mushroom sauce on the side
11. Serve with a boiled rice or vegetable rice.
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 765 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 31 g62.1%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet