Crisscross Veal Roast
|Boned veal shoulder||4 Pound|
|Basil leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced and separated into rings|
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) Rub the meat all over with a mixture of salt, basil, and pepper. 3) In a small roasting pan place the meat on a rack.
4) Place the onion rings over meat and crisscross bacon slices on top.
5) Roast in the preheated oven for 40 minutes per pound, or for about 2 hours for a 3-pound cut.
6) Serve immediately on a serving platter.