Stuffed Breast Of Veal
|Grated potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated to make 1/2 cup|
|Parsnip||1 Small, grated|
|Green beans||1⁄4 Pound, finely chopped|
|Matzo meal||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken fat||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Veal breast||5 Pound (With Pocket For Stuffing)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Make Stuffing: In medium bowl, combine all stuffing ingredients; mix well.
3. Spoon mixture into veal pocket, pushing mixture well into cavity. Sew open side of veal to hold in stuffing.
4. Place veal, meat side up, in 15-by-10-by-2-inch roasting pan. Cut 6 slits, 1/2 inch long and 1/2 inch deep, in top.
5. Spread garlic over top; sprinkle with salt, paprika and pepper.
6. Place onion and celery around veal. Add the water to bottom of pan.
7. Bake, uncovered; 2 hours; bake, covered with foil, 30 minutes more.
8. Remove veal to platter. Press vegetables with liquid through strainer; heat to boiling. Pour over veal.
9. Serve sliced, with yams, if desired.