Veal With Tomatoes
|Boned veal shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Tarragon sprig/1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon||2|
1. Preheat the oven to 300 °F.
2. Fasten the veal shoulder with the string to keep its form during cooking time.
3. Sprinkle the salt lightly over it.
4. Take an ovenproof casserole and soften half of the butter in it over moderate heat and brown the meat to entrap the juices.
5. Peel, deseed and coarsely chop the tomatoes.
6. Similarly peel and finely slice the onions.
7. Take a pan and melt the remaining butter to it and sauté the onions and tomatoes over it in moderate heat for about 3-4 minutes.
8. Pound the peppercorns and mix them with the tomato mixture , blend in tarragon and spread it all over the meat in the casserole.
9. Cover and bake in the preheated oven by placing the dish towards the center of the oven for about 1 ½ hours at 300°F.
10. Get rid of the string and serve the veal hot and slice them thickly and top it with tomato sauce.
11. Serve with plain spaghetti tossed in butter.