1) Bone, flatten and trim the veal breast into a large square.
2) Cover with the sliced fatback and sprinkle with the, onions, salt, pepper, allspice, saltpeter and parsely or dill.
3) In a clean white cloth, roll the veal like a jelly-roll and tie with a string.
4) Place the veal in a brine bath, weight it down with a heavy plate and allow to rest in a cool place for 5-6 days.
5) In a large kettle, drain and place the veal in salted water, allow to boil and simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours.
6) Remove, weight it down again and place in the refrigerator for minimum 24 hours.