Veal A La Dunton
|White sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Pimiento||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Green pepper||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Corn flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Drain the mushrooms and reserve the liquid.
2. Heat the oven to 350° 30 minutes before serving time
3. Heat a large stock pot over the stove.
4. Place the roast in it and sear it well on both sides till browned.
5. Reduce the flame and add enough warm water to cover the roast.
6. Cover the pot with its lid and allow the meat to simmer for 1 ½ hours.
7. When tender, remove the meat to a platter and allow it to cool before cutting into chunks.
8. To the liquid in the pot, stir in the white sauce, mushroom liquid.
9. Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring over a medium low flame.
10. Tip in the mushrooms and peppers.
11. In a casserole, layer the meat and pour the sauce over it.
12. Top with crushed cornflakes.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until heated through.
14. Serve straight from the casserole.
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.3%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.8 mg31.6%
Sodium 330.6 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet