Veal Smothered In Mushrooms
|Veal cutlet||1 1⁄4 Pound, pounded thin|
|Kitchen bouquet||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned mushrooms||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1. On a meat board, slice the veal into 8 equal strips
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss the veal with Kitchen Bouquet, salt, and marjoram until meat is well coated.
3. Use a medium skillet or Dutch oven.
4. Heat oil.
5. Add seasoned veal to hot oil and brown evenly on all sides.
6. To the meat, add the mushrooms and sauté.
7. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat. Allow the meat to simmer for 30 minutes or until it is tender.
8. Dissolve cornstarch in cold water.
9. Blend the starch into the stew.
10. Stirring continuously, allow the gravy to boil and thicken.
11. Serve immediately over hot butter toast, muffins or over bed of rice.