Veal Cutlets, Oriental
|Veal cutlets||4 (French)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
1. Season flour with salt and pepper.
2. Dredge the steaks with seasoned flour.
3. In a large Dutch oven or casserole, heat the shortening.
4. When the fat is hot, sear the steaks on both sides.
5. Remove the veal onto a platter.
6. Add celery, onions and mushrooms to the fat in the casserole and sauté till soft.
7. Return the veal steaks to the casserole.
8. Add soy sauce and ½ cup of bouillion.
9. Cover the skillet and reduce the flame to low.
10. Simmer meat for 30 minutes until meat is tender.
11. Remove steaks onto a serving platter.
12. To thicken the broth, combine the cornstarch with remaining bouillon and stir into the sauce in the casserole.
13. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce has thick
14. Finally stir in the almonds.
15. Arrange a steak over a bed of hot rice.
16. Spoon the sauce over the steak.
17. Serve hot.