|Thin veal cutlets||1 Pound|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely minced|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packaged)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Have butcher cut veal into 8 pieces, about 4 1/2 by 2 inches in size.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until lightly browned. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and oregano. Do not cover. Simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes.
3. Beat egg lightly with a fork. Combine crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on a piece of waxed paper. Dip each piece of veal in the beaten egg, then into the crumbs.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 pieces of the veal and cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat process, using remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cooking the rest of the veal. Place browned pieces of veal in a 12 by 8 by 2 inch baking pan.
5. Heat oven to350°F.
6. Cut Mozzarella cheese into very thin slices. Pour about two-thirds of the tomato sauce over veal in baking pan. Cover with slices of Mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over the top.
7. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until piping hot.