Stuffed Shoulder Of Veal
|Veal shoulder||3 Pound|
|Shortening/Dripping / lard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Breadcrumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bouillon/Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cubed Or Canned)|
1. Ask the butcher to remove the bone; or cut a pocket in the veal shoulder. Wipe the meat inside the pocket and out with a clean, damp cloth.
2. Start oven, set at Moderate, 325° F.
3. Melt half the shortening, drippings or lard in a heavy skillet. Saute the onion and parsley 5 minutes, then add bread crumbs and celery salt, mix well. Add 1/2 cup bouillon or water to the stuffing, then fill it into the pocket, sew it up or fasten with skewers.
4. Brown meat on the outside in the remaining shortening. Add the rest of the liquid, taste it, and if not salty enough, add more salt to taste.
5. Cover and roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Add more boiling water or bouillon if the meat tends to go dry.